Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Don't Use It Against Me

I recently read a blog concerning lists and the importance of them. Sounds interesting huh? Haha it really was because a thug wrote it. That is beside the point, after reading it I found myself throughout the day making lists of random things. Whenever a thought came to my mind about something I immediately started adding to that thought and it turned into a list. EXAMPLE.. a few days ago someone did something that bugged me then I thought...



yeah I would consider that a pet peeve.

...where would that peeve be ranked on my top ten

...well what are the other nine

...and a list was formed. (Don't worry I spend a lot of time having conversations in my head)


I so cleverly named this list,





Annie's Top Ten Things That Bug







10. Being told I have seen a movie that I have not seen. Especially when it turns into argument.



9. Strangers asking me to pray. Or really anyone, but mostly strangers.
When Sister Cox asked me to pray the first week of seminary (my freshman year) I said no. In front of the whole class she said, "Annie, why don't you want to talk to God?" If her goal was to make the most insecure little freshman feel like a douche then she was successful. Ew..that memory just made me a bitter blogger.



8. When people, who are capable of doing better, text like this ...

"u wnt 2 hang 2nite?"
My mom is the only person I will allow to text like that.





7. "Uh huh" or "mm hmm" replied in a mumbled unconcerned tone.
If you don't want to listen then don't, but don't try to pretend with these phrases. You're not foolin' anyone.





6. Before and After pictures on TV for diet pills.
I mean don't get me wrong, I love before and after pictures for house make overs, pimp my ride/trick my truck, hair make overs, clothing transformations etc. But for weight loss? Oh no. First of all no one wants to see the before pictures haha just kidding. Secondly no one believes that the after picture is the same person, or that one of the pictures have not been photo shopped or technologically tampered with in some way. If the weight loss is real, the product they are pushing probably didn't have anything to do with it. What we need to do is put out some public service announcements out about eating healthy and exercising, then do a before and after picture for that. I wouldn't be bugged by that.



5. Littering.

Shaylee Nielsen had first hand experience with my feelings towards littering. One time she threw a gum wrapper out my car window in the parking lot at Canyon View and I was livid. When she wouldn't get out of the car to pick it up I did, but I couldn't find it haha. I probably made a douche out of myself with my over reaction but I was really upset about it. This earth is beautiful, everyday is a miracle haha.

4. Cocky/Arrogant/Smug people.

'nuff said.


3. Being told "You missed out."

I went through a little phase in high school where my best friend wouldn't ever invite me to do all the fun things with them and then the next day say, "You missed out!" It made me so mad! It wasn't my choice to not come. Also, when someone does an activity that I hate and I don't go and then afterwards they tell me I missed out. No I didn't miss out, I didn't want to do that. I missed out on being miserable? Okay you're right, thanks for letting me know.


2. Being poked or pinched. Especially in the side or ribs.
One time this boy wouldn't stop poking me in the side because he thought my squirming was caused by his tickling, my squirming was to try and hold myself back from punching him. It didn't work. I hit him as hard as I could in the stomach. ... He hasn't poked me since.



1. "Waz uuup" + Tongue sticking out

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I think it was this Budweiser commercial that started this ridiculous phrase and action? Oh my 'lanta. If I could meet the person who thought that would be a good idea to put on tv and have the whole nation saying for at least two years (and some people who still do) I would buy a shark and throw it in their pool. Question: Why did people mimick this? Somebody tell me what is NOT embarrassing about saying it let alone saying it like that?



Okay I'm done. When I started this list it was in order but I've realized that it fluctuates due to different circumstances. Please don't make me hate you by using this list against me. Thank you.

Special Thanks to Anne D for teaching me the importance/fun in list making.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

hahaha That one about Sis. Cox...first thing I ever heard about her came from you! Love it.