Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Smooth Away: The Devils Hair Removal System

I have some pretty sensitive skin




For the past few months I have been seeing TV commercials advertising this pad like product which claims to exfoliate your skin while removing hair.



"Each Smooth Away Pad Is Covered With Superfine Crystals That Buff Away Unwanted Hair Leaving Your Skin So Soft & Incredibly Smooth."

Well that sounded great so I decided to try it out. It says to try it in a small area before really going at your hair removal process, so I did. I buffed away a little patch off of my arm and was fine. So I thought "GREAT! On to the problem areas.." I hate the little red razor bumps that come in my arm pits so they were my first objective. I followed the instructions thoroughly.


After about ten seconds of gentle circles 3 clockwise 3 counter clockwise 3 clockwise 3 counter clockwise I felt as if someone had just poured flesh burning acid on my skin. The only thing that made it feel better at the time was aloe from the fridge and a wet wash cloth. I had five minutes until class and the burning was not calming down. So I tucked the wash cloth under my arm and headed out. The rest of the day it was burning and red and I spend most of the day with my arm above my head to keep it from irritating itself.
It was ridiculous and did not remove any hair.
Smooth Away is awesome.
End of Story.



4 comments:

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

hahaha. I bet it would work better on your legs and arms because the skin is less sensitive and more tight. The armpits are very sensitive and the hair grows in many different directions. Not like on the legs. Which in turn when you did all of the rubbing and circles pulled the hairs in the wrong directions. Then causing the irritation. I am sure this product is ridiculous anyway. But I also assume it may work on your legs and Arms where the skin is tight and the hair grows in one direction. You should try!

Claudine said...

That is so funny!! I can just see you headed to class or wherever you were going with a wet washrag under your arm. Once I cut up peppers for salsa all day long and my hands were burning so bad that night I almost went to the emergency room. I had to sleep with my hands wrapped up with rags with ice in them. It's funny now, but then it was serious business. Thanks for the alert...........I won't try it!

Anonymous said...

wow. thank you for posting this. i was literally inches away from getting myself some smooth away yesterday. your pain is greatly appreciated.

Enna said...

bhahahaha... remember how you kept holding your arm above your head while we played basketball? me too. it was hilare.