Friday, April 24, 2009

What day is it? Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursdays are escaping my mind slowly...

I have been so busy. I can't blame it on my classes wrapping up because of the end of the semester though. My class schedule right now is easier than cake from a box no eggs necessary. I'm not sure, I guess I "got a life" haha.

Well this week I have been having a big struggle with my phone. As many of you may know, I was the '08 texting champion of Snow College. Obviously that means I rock at texting, and how does one become so good? Constant texting. I get extremely nervous to talk on the phone with people I am not seriously comfortable with which causes me to text way too much. But not anymore. After much study I have come to the conclusion that the texts on my phone only work about one-third of the time. Either I don't receive the texts or they don't send. At first it was extremely frustrating to me but it has turned out to be a pretty sweet burden.

Good things that have come from inability to text:
1. I haven't texted in class all week.
2. Didn't even take my phone to church.
3. I forced myself to make phone calls rather than taking the pussy-footed way out, texts.
4. I haven't looked at my phone every five minutes.
5. When someone I don't want to talk to texts me, I really don't get it. No more need for me to lie about not getting it :)

Honestly, I'm not missing it. I mean I like texting to keep in touch with those very special people in my life who I don't have the pleasure of seeing on a regular basis but other than that... it's been a good thing for me.

To sum up...

I'm Thankful Thursday that Alltel sucks rocks





No comments: