Monday, August 24, 2009

6.52

Still haven't met 3rd roomie. If I haven't met her yet, I'm not going to meet her. It's basically my goal for the semester. How many people can say in December that they still haven't met one of their roommates? Hopefully I am one of those people.

I'm still not so sure if the two I have met like me.. at all. But I've moved on to not caring. And that my friends, is a positive attitude.

Today was the first day of school and once I finished classes I needed to kill some time. By kill some time I really mean find something to do to keep myself from going home. I don't like calling it home, I'll call it house. So I needed to find something to do because being at house is boring and if anyone happens to be there, awkward. Where did I go? The parentals house :) I even got some chicken nuggets. Then I noticed there was a blood drive at State Bank.. I thought.."well.. why not?"

"Don't worry, really it just feels like they are sucking your soul out.." Brandee - 2008.

I filled my blood bag in six minutes and fifty-two seconds. According to my donation neighbor it's something to be proud of.

After that my wonderful dad met me at Alltel to check out the internet cards (which is the reason I am able to blog right now). While at Alltel, listening to the lovely Almeta, I began feeling woozy. Nausea.. I sat on the stool and felt my self involuntarily slipping off the chair. Out of my mouth came, "Is it okay if I sit on the floor?" If Almeta would have told me no I would have just had to stand there and suffer. Then came the dizziness, then the ears ... you know when you feel like your head is underwater and you cant hear? That happened. Then I started sweating..how great. It was like ten billion degrees in the bubble I was sitting in.

So here I am thinking I'm about to die, laying on the floor at the Alltel store while Almeta tells me about how she lost 170 pounds after her surgery and she's cold all the time now. Neat. I laid on the floor for about 7 minutes... When we left I used my dad as a human crutch and Almeta asked if I needed help walking out to my car. She was SO nice. It made me want to frame her business card.

It was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life. But I am un-embarrassable so it's fine.

THEN... after being nursed back to health I went to watch people play water kickball but ended up playing... I was in the outfield and the ball rolled right in between my legs. That hasn't happened since..ever. Maybe when I was learning to walk. Then we went to concert in the park and Trent broke the swing. What a fatty haha.

First day of school Fall '09. Whoop.

3 comments:

Claudine said...

Where are the roomies you HAVE met from? Are they nice? Sure hope everything works out for you this semister and you all get along really well. If they don't like you then they are CRAZY!!

Annie G said...

I'm not really sure where they are from haha.. We didn't get into that much detail in our minimal conversations we've had. I think one of them is from somewhere in Salt Lake.

Kendra said...

Annie, not to show you up or anything...but my giving blood record, I got a new PR two weeks ago, is 4 minutes and 16 seconds! Woop! :) Can't wait to see you. P.S. If you moved to Provo your roommates would be awesome.