But I'm Thankful Thursday for school. I complain, but I really love how busy it has kept me these last few weeks. The other day my mom told me she could get fired if I keep up the anti-suu act haha. I know that's not true but I decided to make a list of reasons why I'm thankful for SUU and maybe it will help me to stop baggin' on it.
1. I'm pretty sure I was awarded a scholarship because my last name is Gardner. Thanks Kumen and Naida Gardner..."Are we related?" ... "I'm not sure if they're still alive or not.." "That is...not what I asked." haha.
2. They tend to have a lot of cool student activities.. that I dont attend. Bread and soup night seems to be pretty popular.
3. That cheer..." Southerrrrrn......Utah Southerrrrrn......Utah Southerrrrrn......utah.
4. SUU pays my mom's salary...and the insurance that lets me go to the doctor.
5. I have liked every single one of my professors.
6. SUU recently installed the stop light cross walk from the PE building to the rest of campus. The white line the cars have to stop at are SOO far away from where you walk. It's comforting for me as a pedestrian.
7. Today was the first time I went grocery shopping in almost three months.
8. SUU's mascot is the Thunderbird. But no one says that, they say T-bird. Much like Dane Cook, they just shortened it. I like that.
9. Sporting events are free with a student I.D... (do they do that at BYU Kendra? haha)
10. I recently discovered how much I like the second floor in the library. Except one thing, I got stuck in the elevator yesterday. I'll post that story later.
In the spirit of lists I also decided to make a list of why I don't like SUU haha
1. It's so close to home. I can't go home for the weekend... even though I have before.
2. Thor claims he's "got my back" but he doesn't.. He did however pick me up one time at a basketball game, he is one strong bird.
3. S.U.U.S.A ... gag me. But some of them are cool. I guess.
4. No one really knows how to pronounce Sharwan Smith Center. Some say Sharwan emphasis on the a, like Sharwaahn. Some say wan like it's Sharwun. Some add a little flare, Scharjuan. Who even knows?
5. SUU's campus is built on like...hills and valleys. Or I'm just out of shape.
6. Power 91.1 the radio station... (But they're being sued, so add that as #11 on the good list)
7. SUU is way too proud with their "Top 10" signs.. "Consumers Digest has distinguished Southern Utah University as one of the ten best places in the United States to get an education." Its cool, but I don't know how that's even possible.
8. I watched SUTV news one time (this week actually) during the sports they talked about the BYU UTAH game and the Jazz's recent success. During the weather they talked about which states have recovered from swine flu. I only saw the last ten minutes though, so maybe they actually talk about SUU on their own station.
9. The Rotunda... Why does it need to be called that?
10. The testing center seems smaller than my bathroom.
GO T-BIRDS...

Happy Thursday
3 comments:
hahahaha Thank you for that. And yes, sometimes BYU activities are free. The one I am planning for tomorrow, just happens to not be! But it is only $2 pre sale! :)
Annie. Again, there are no words to describe your blog! haha! Loved this post. Uh, when do we get to be friends again?
possibly one of the best posts ever. you're hilarious annie
Post a Comment