
Some people have the worst attitudes. Megan and I were in the post office on Tuesday when we were shown prime examples of both good and bad attitudes.
Example A: Bad Attitude
The lady in line behind us and her son. I'm gonna guess he was about 4 years old. He wasn't running around, he wasn't loud and he wasn't annoying. He was just quietly exploring a little bit and had a huge cotton ball in his hand. He was trying to tell his mom there was a big clock on the wall and she obviously wasn't listening, because I could hear him clearly. She said "I don't know what you're trying to say..settle down!" Then he wanted to show her his cotton ball, he didn't even say anything he just lifted it up in the air, mother replied "Get. Over. Here ..and Settle Down!" His eye then caught glance of Megans Christmas presents she had wrapped. She said "You wanna present too?" haha... Then when he said "Look at the presents" to his mom she said "Those presents aren't for you, they are for someone special. And you're not special.. *long pause* to her."
Example B: Good Attitude
I noticed a lady in a wheelchair talking to another lady. When the lady was leaving the wheelchair lady with a big grin said "Have a good day, Happy Walking!"
I like people who are friendly, even in tough circumstances. Sometimes I appreciate people who have a chip on their shoulder too, because those people are the ones who remind me to get over myself and not be such a hater of life.
To quote a wise friend of mine...
"What's the BFD?" Just be happy.
3 comments:
I was expecting a thankful thursday on perhaps the ending of the semester... because i'm not sure that much could top that right now, but I was so wrong. Way to be inspiring. Or actually way to blog about the lady in the wheelchair who was inspiring. I'll think of her as I walk to all my finals:)
Will someone ever be able to answer that question? And I'm glad that I have incorporated that same question into my vocab. Thanks for the thankful thursday! I'll remember to be thankful for walking as I walk around the haunted mansion have ZERO grown up interaction! haha.
What an experience that day was at the post office... I hope somebody thinks that kid is special so he can actually get a present. And that lady made me grateful I have chevrolegs to get myself around :)
Post a Comment