Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful What?

I forgot about Thankful Thursdays, can you believe that? This Filipino from Iowa wrote a thankful Monday and it inspired me to come back to the tradition. I'm sorry there are no pictures... next weeks goal: capture adventure.

This week (starting last Friday) Annee D and I decided we were no longer going to be boring. And wow. We most definitely killed the boring cycle. Except for those few hours in the evenings in which we both have to work.

The theme of the week somehow became "Make New Friends"

Although I can not share all of our new friend making adventures, I would like to share a few.

1: Institute Dance. For the first time in my life, the institute dance was fun. Practicing sweet dance moves beforehand def. helps in making new friends.

2: Picking up a stranded local celebrity off of Kittyhawk Drive and being serenaded by him.

3: Being asked on a double date by one person. Getting out of that by eaves dropping on a nearby conversation and jumping in pretending to be obsessed with ultimate frisbee. All to avoid lying about a reason we can not go on that date. And to make more friends.

4: Playing "do you love your neighbor" with a cute little ward. And using creepy lines. "do you love your neighbor?" "No but I love everyone who has pet a cat"

5: Being coached at volleyball by a semi-english speaking new friend / Being yelled at for missing the volleyball / Being hated on by other cultures ... all while making friends with them.

6: Helping runners by giving them motivation to run faster. :}

7: Throwing water bottles over the fence at the tennis courts for the players when they get thirsty.

8: Buying cookies from people who are selling them to raise money for dinner for the date they are on.

9: Telling other people they are selling the cookies to buy drugs.

10: Making friends with the Saudi Arabians. Nicest people you will ever meet.

"Just put your arm around someone and say, do you wanna be my friend?"
-Pres. Crankshaw

I love making new friends and I am thankful to have friends who share that love with me..
-Thankful Thursday September 2010.


(P.S: 4 weeks, 6 days)

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I miss you. I want to be in your life/you be in mine. :(