Sunday, March 20, 2011

End of an Era

So a few days ago I was in my back yard by myself shootin' a little hoop when I thought to myself
"Annie...can you still get rim?" (touch the rim of the basket)

So with ease I jumped in the air and touched the rim and landed satisfactorily.

Then I thought "Wow...I can jump higher now than I did when it mattered to me. Maybe I should try to dunk."

So I tried.

I slammed it down so hard that my hoop broke. Not my backboard. Not my rim. The steel
pole.


No I'm just kidding. I haven't shot on that basket in a long time.

What actually happened:
I got so sick of hearing about Jimmer Fredette that I went and sawed that pole until it fell down.

Also a lie.

It just broke on its own. And its kinda sad.

4 comments:

Enna said...

hahah
ballers don't own purple sweat pants.

sorry about your rim. and your hoop. and that jimmer exists.

Claudine said...

Are you sure that this wind didn't blow it down?? Love ya Annie...........

Laurel said...

Yeah. I'm super pleased right now that through my blog stalking this evening I ended up at yours. And yes, after reading this post I decided to become a follower. And yes once again, i think our friendship is beginning to blossom beautifully. Both virtually and physically, not like that you lesbian, just as physical beings.

K,K and Tay said...

Oh please, just admit you have a love interest for Jimmer... lol
I really am sad about the hoop, we made many many fun memories there..Maybe it's a sign that M and D need to move? haha