These are my very favorite flip flops. I wear them everywhere. Seriously, one time I wore them to church on accident. The one on the right is really dirty...details below.I Have A Story To Tell
I was in a bit of a rush to get to class at ten o'clock this morning but not because I over slept but because I was driving home from Ephraim (yeah I went back the first weekend of school, you would too). I get into Cedar City at 9:45, I drive home pick up my backpack and head to school. If you have ever been to SUU during the hours of 8 to I'd say about 3 you will find that it's your lucky day if you get a parking spot anywhere near where you want, or even a spot at all. Well my class was in the P.E Building. Across the street west is the institute, South across the street from the institute is a church and South across the street from the church is a tiny little parking lot that isn't even the width of the street. I spotted a space in that parking lot and gave it the onion. I had to pull in backwards because I saw another car pulling in the other way so I wanted to get that spot before them but a nice elderly man cut me off and stole my spot. But right then I see another car pulling out so I took there spot, but because I went into the parking lot like an idiot backwards and because the width of the lot is so narrow it took me about 6 minutes to turn around and park. I get out of the car and I'm speed walking like a super champ. (Take note, I missed class on Friday and if you miss two classes in a row you get the boot out of the class. So I had to get there before she took role) Well as I'm crossing the street a nice young man in a buick lesabre (much like this one) decides that he is in a bigger hurry than me and even though I am already in the middle of the road he is not going to stop. So my pace begins as a steady jog. I'm in flip flops, jogging in flip flops is nothing but a bad idea but I was graceful so it was fine. I finally get to class only to realize that I am not prepared with the required materials for the day. We took a test that I didn't have a scantron for and I was starting to get a little grumpy with myself. I wrote my answers down on a piece of paper with hopes that my teacher would let me fill out a scantron later and bring it to her. When she came to pick up my test I tried asking her if that would be okay when she says, "Does anyone have an extra scantron this young lady could have?!" I hate having the focus put on me. Especially when I
A. Am in an abnormally large class
B. Am wearing a THS Cheerleader Hoodie
C. Haven't Showered
D. Am the girl that forgot to be a college student
So then I stand up, only to realize that my favorite flip flop is broken. I dont even know how to only explain this to the full effect with only words so I took these pictures to help me help you understand the viciousness of this situation.
This hole is where two pieces connect. The pieces are like morphed together, I would say glued but they're not glued they're actually just one piece...well they go together in this hole.
The piece that holds the part that goes in between your toes fell out.
End Result ...
But not end of story.
My flop broke at the end of my class but I still had another class..on the other side of campus. Well I tried adjusting this for about five minutes because I had to walk to class right? Wrong. I could not get it to work so I decided I would just drive home and get some shoes. Well remember how far away I parked from the building my class was in? Yeah, take a second glance at the picture above. Now imagine walking a couple blocks with that on your foot. It's like if you had a piece of cardboard with a string of floss holding it to your foot. I was able to take about 2 steps at a time before it fell apart again and I did not have time for this. So I pulled it off my foot and started walking one barefooted. You dont realize how gross the ground is until you walk on it with your bare foot. I had to walk through all sorts of terrain and I kept thinking to myself "maybe i can fix this" so I would pause to put it back on, take about 2 steps and then take it off again (hence the dirtiness). So the walk to my car took about 8 times longer than it should have.
Finally I decided that I was going to just walk the rest of the way holding my flop. So I did. I smiled and walked like a caveman proudly. When I caught someone starring at me I just waved at them with the flop and laughed. When things like this happen it makes me laugh at myself.
If you cant laugh at yourself... you suck.
Thanks for reading :)
7 comments:
hahaha I do not know if I every told you... but this most definitely happened to me...at DISNEYLAND!! I decided it is the worst place in the world to have your flip flop break... Super unfortunate! But thank you for sharing this story, because I think this has happened oh, at least 15 times to me in my life! Love it, love you! Can not believe you flippin went to Ephraim! I was also there this weekend (well Gunnison) because Helaman and Maija had their baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Pictures on Facebook!) Love you!
Annie I guess we will have to go to California and Grab another pair of those bad boys!! They are my fav too. Good job for laughing at yourself instead of getting frustrated. Your a SUPER CHAMP! Or Maybe Your Strong Bad?
Only you Annie. That just made me laugh the entire time I read it. Oh my heck, you were wearing my hoodie...and Jenna saw you! haha oh my heck, I'm dying right now. So funny
Annie,
I'm kind of offended that you didn't even add me to your blog list of people you like.... You even added Larissa. Apparently my blog isn't good enough for you.
I still like your blog. and I've added it to my Blog list.
hahahahahahhaha this is pretty much the best story ever! and I think that anybody who is obsessed with flip flops as much as us has probably experienced this! Don't worry my flip flop definitely broke like that last semester and I definitely walked around campus all day with only one shoe on! hahah it's fine!
Annie!
You are hilarious!
Thank you for adding me to your blog list... except I kind of feel like I just begged for your friendship... But I can deal with that!
Your blog is fantastic!
loved the flip flop story. It was good to see you last weekend. Did you add yourself to my blog reader list?
Post a Comment