
This week I have been hanging out with a two year old, the most B.A little girl you'll ever find, aka my niece Mataya. This is the first time I have been around a two year old for an entire week and I have learned SO much!
I learned that I'm not ready (and maybe never will be) to have a kid of my own haha.
I learned how to do the Harry. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Hip Hop Harry I suggest you look him up. Taya and I had a dance party today.. after playing "Do The Harry" four times my dance moves must have got out of control because she gave me a look similar to this one,

And walked out of the room
I learned Spongebob Squarepants is completely overplayed and the greatest cartoon ever. In case no one else watched it, there was a 15 hour Spongebob marathon on Monday.
I learned playing Barbies now is way more fun than it ever was when I was little. Once upon a time I hated Barbies...I just wanted to run around with my shirt off like a boy. So ... I learned barbies are fun haha.
I learned that it's appropriate to wear a dress when going outside haha. Wednesday Taya wanted to go outside and play. When I told her to put her coat on she came back with her dress and matching coat on...then she made me put my dress on too and we played in the backyard.
I learned laughing makes any problem go away.
I gained a new appreciation of Disney movies/VHS's. Due to the lack of a DVD player in the coolest spot in the house (my room) we watched all the old VHS tapes that I watched when I was little. We watched (more than once) Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, An Extremely Goofy Movie, The Lion King, Robin Hood and my personal favorite, The Great Muppet Caper. We had to narrow down to these six because we didn't want to be lazy...haha. Good wholesome entertainment. I found myself grinning like an idiot at the end of all of them when the happy ending came into play.
I learned how to be entertained for too long with the simplest of things.
I learned I cannot say no to anything as long as "please" is said. That's mainly how I ended up wearing a dress on Wednesday.
But in everything that I learned, the most important thing of all..
I learned that no matter what age, everyone LOVES Taylor Swift.
Just kidding...
I am Thankful Thursday for MFS and the lessons she's taught me this week.
6 comments:
OHHHH Annie, I know what you mean. I had so much fun with her this summer when Kara went to Germany. I would have loved to see the two of you playing in the backyard in dresses. She really does have a way of "talking" you into just about anything. Cute blog.
Cute blog about Mataya. She is so fun. I'll bet she is having fun with Gussie too. Have you ever seen anyone like cartoon movies like she does? I think she would sit all day and watch them if you would let her. Have fun and call if you need help.
I just love everything about this!
ooh that is just super cute!!! Don't you love feeling like a kid again. Just playing all the time.. I wish I could do that!
mostly i'm just obsessed with you! haha so great! and your niece is the cutest thing ever!
Ooohhh, You are such a Great AUNTIE!!! I think Taya misses you. Thanks for helping out. Love ya sister.....
Post a Comment