One of my very favorite things in life is promptings from the Spirit.. Let me just dive right in to that haha. Sometimes I think it's just my paranoid self telling me to do or not to do things but sometimes it turns out so cool. I have been having some pretty sweet experiences lately but...they are personal so let me share a different experience. One night a few years ago after the traditional after basketball game visit to Brad's Taylor Dancer and I were the only ones left in the parking lot, we chatted for a minute and then left. I was driving in front of her and felt like I needed to look at my phone. I couldn't find it and figured I would look when I got home in three minutes but I felt like I really needed it right then. So I pulled over in the parking lot and searched my car. Taylor passed me right as I found it and I followed her out of the parking lot. We were driving down Northfield when this crazy lady who doesn't know how to drive ran a stop sign right into Taylors car. Both of them ended up being fine, not so much Taylors car though haha. Anyway..I've thought a million times about what would have happened if I wouldn't have pulled over for just a second to find my phone. It could have just been my addiction to that phone that led me to stop but I choose to believe it was a prompting of the Spirit. This is what I have concluded could have happened if I wouldn't have stopped.
1. She still would have ran into Taylor but I wouldn't have been there because I wouldn't have seen it. And I know being there I didn't really do much but I was there. That doesn't make sense but it's okay.
2. The crazy lady could have hit me and we all know if a car struck that ghetto prix(snow whites mother) it would just blow up. Haha.. I'm almost sure of it.
I don't want anyone leaving this blog thinking that I'm glad Tay got in a car accident haha that's definitely not my point. I know that story isn't the best example of what I am trying to say but I am really grateful for the blessing of being able to be prompted by the Spirit and for the ability to actually listen every once in a while.
1 comment:
Great post, Annie! You are quite the girl. I like the way you think.
Post a Comment